Our History 

1825

20220419_123104_edited.jpg

The little white church on the hill would serve an important role in the Civil War. Hamilton became a makeshift hospital for Union soldiers in the midst of battle. Stories have been told of the altar table being used to preform amputations. 

 

The church was burned down to prevent the spread of disease.

1866-1966

antioch TN 1940.webp

The Hamilton sanctuary we worship in today was built in 1977, as the church membership exploded. As time went on we added the children's wing, which currently houses our Parent's Day Out program, and the office wing, which houses our youth rooms. 

Today

UFF-HUMC-318_edited.jpg

A frontier mission church: A stop on the circuit 

The original Hamilton church was built on the existing land shortly after the Civil War. This building, overlooking Murfreesboro Pike, sheltered the Hamilton family through wars and depression and served as a place to celebrate births, marriages, and returning soldiers. 

For the next 116 years Hamilton would serve as a circuit church, providing a space for worship as the pastor would travel from town to town.  

1861-1866

FullSizeRender (7)_edited.jpg

The Hamilton sanctuary we worship today was built in 1977, as the church membership exploded. As time went on we added the children's wing, which currently houses our Parent's Day Out program, and the office wing, which houses our youth rooms. 

1977-1997

10955780_10155845464560377_4118648117000700597_o_edited.jpg

Today’s Hamilton UMC reflects the kingdom of God in all its diversity. Our members and regular attendees come from eighteen nations around the world. Services in English and Arabic as well as special events in Spanish celebrate Christ and help us carry out His work in this part of the world.